Dorothy Hanington LeGrow Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
A scrapbook compiled by Dorothy Hanington while a student at the University of Maine. It includes signatures and comments of class members as well as programs, photographs and memorabilia of campus activities and student life. Of particular interest are items documenting Hanington's membership in the Alpha Kappa chapter of Delta Delta Delta sorority.
- Creation: 1918-1921
- LeGrow, Dorothy Hanington, 1899-1967 (Person)
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Dorothy Hanington LeGrow was born November 27, 1899, the daughter of Guthrie and Annie Collins Hanington of Calais, Maine. She was a member of the class of 1921 at the University of Maine, graduating with a degree in home economics. She married Carl LeGrow and they lived for many years in Newtown, Conn. Mrs. LeGrow worked in the occupational therapy department of Fairfield Hills Hospital in Connecticut, setting up classrooms for young patients there. She died February 8, 1967.
1 volume (27 x 39 cm)
Language of Materials
A scrapbook compiled by Dorothy Hanington while a student at the University of Maine.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Delta Delta Delta. Alpha Kappa Chapter (University of Maine) (Organization)
- University of Maine. Class of 1921 (Organization)
- University of Maine -- History (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Students (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Societies, etc. (Organization)
- University of Maine -- Alumni and alumnae (Organization)
- Guide to the Dorothy Hanington LeGrow Scrapbook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note