Bill of Lading for Ninety-three Slaves
Scope and Contents Note
Bill of lading dated Oct. 24, 1850 for shipment of ninety-three slaves from Baltimore to New Orleans on the ship John C. Calhoun, master Captain John C. Lowell. The slaves were to be delivered to J.M. Wilson in New Orleans. Document lists names of slaves, their ages and their price.
- October 24, 1850
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
2 pages (33 cm)
Language of Materials
Bill of lading dated Oct. 24, 1850 for shipment of ninety-three slaves from Baltimore to New Orleans on the ship John C. Calhoun, master Captain John C. Lowell.
Printed form completed in ms.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Bills of lading Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Donovan, Joseph S.
- John C. Calhoun (Ship)
- Lowell, John C.
- Slave trade -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slaves Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wilson, J. M.
- Guide to the Bill of Lading for Ninety-three Slaves
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States