Eastern Maine General Hospital School of Nursing Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection reflects the history of the School of Nursing at Eastern Maine General Hospital/Eastern Maine Medical Center from its beginning. Included are photographs, yearbooks, scrapbooks, correspondence, artifacts, etc. concerning the School of Nursing and its alumni. Rules, curricula, administrative papers, student progress reports and early corporate records are also included.
- Creation: 1892-
- Eastern Maine General Hospital. Nurses Alumni Association (Organization)
- Eastern Maine General Hospital. School of Nursing (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
This collection is kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice is required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Rights assessment remains the responsibility of the researcher. No known restrictions.
Bangor General Hospital was founded in 1892 along with the School of Nursing. The first nurses graduated in 1894. In 1896, the name was changed to Eastern Maine General Hospital. In 1910, the Alumni Association was started. 1915 saw the registration of nurses, and the School was approved by the state. In 1969, the name was changed to Eastern Maine Medical Center.
28 linear feet (29 boxes)
14 folio items
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of the EMGH/EMMC Nurses Alumni Association, gathered by its members - 15 Nov 1992. Additional material donated by Eastern Maine Medical Center, acting by and through Rand O'Leary, it's President, and Timothy Dentry, Northern Light Health CEO in December 2020.
Genre / Form
- Account books
- Bills of sale
- Photographic prints
- Guide to the Eastern Maine General Hospital School of Nursing Collection
- Box And Folder List Available
- Jennifer Goode
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.