Haley Family Papers
Scope and Contents
The papers of the Haley family living in Kittery, Maine. Included are bills, receipts, tax records, deeds, promissory notes, and agreements mainly regarding Thomas Haley. Included also are papers concerning Newbury Haley and other Haley family members.
- Majority of material found in ( 1817-1856)
- Haley family (Family)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Haley family of Kittery, Maine. Josiah Haley, son of Samuel and Grace Haley, was born in 1736 and died in 1826. He married Susana (died 1831) and had 5 children: Mary born 1773, Samuel born 1778, Thomas born 1781, William born 1783, and Josiah born 1788. Josiah Haley (1788-1837) married Hannah Wentworth in 1820 and had 3 children: John Rogers born 1820, Sally Ann born 1826, and Wentworth born 1828. Samuel (born 1778) married Mary Lewis in 1800 and had 7 children: Samuel born 1800, William born 1804, Thomas born 1806, Lyman born 1810, Josiah born 1813, Sally born 1815, and Benning born 1818. Thomas Haley born in 1781 married Lucy Lewis in 1809. Newbury W. Haley married Annie A. Johnson in 1878.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Dr. Paul Taylor.
- Bills of sale Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Haley, Thomas
- Kittery (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Promissory notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Receipts (Financial records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tax records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Haley Family Papers
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note