James Gillespie Blaine Letter (undated)
Scope and Contents
Autograph letter signed. Informal letter (five pages), speaks of electricity, Green Mountain, Handy, Cornell, Edison, running for presidency (probably 1892 election), etc. Blaine directed the recipient (unknown) of this letter to burn it.
- Blaine, James Gillespie, 1830-1893 (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
James Gillespie Blaine was born 1830 Jan. 31 in West Brownsville, Pa., and died 1893 Jan. 27 in Washington, D.C. He was a Maine politician and served in the state legislature and then in the federal government as a Representative, Senator, and Secretary of State. He ran for President in 1884 as a Republican (unsuccessfully).
Language of Materials
- Guide to the James Gillespie Blaine Letter (undated)
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note