James Gillespie Blaine Letter (December 26, 1861)
Scope and Contents
Autograph letter signed. Letter relates to Bills for transporting troops and war munitions over Maine railroads.
- December 26, 1861
- Blaine, James Gillespie, 1830-1893 (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
James Gillespie Blaine was born 1830 Jan. 31 in West Brownsville, Pa., and died 1893 Jan. 27 in Washington, D.C. He was a Maine politician in the state legislature and then in the federal government as a Representative, Senator, and Secretary of State. He ran for President in 1884 as a Republican (unsuccessfully)
1 item (4 pages; 25 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Fessenden, William Pitt, 1806-1869
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Railroads -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Transportation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the James Gillespie Blaine Letter (December 26, 1861)
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note