Charles Austin Beard Letter
Scope and Contents
Autograph letter signed. Letter refers to "the views of Locke the Theorist" and of Shaftesbury and to a book on Locke by Fowler.
- August 11 1942
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Charles Austin Beard was born in 1874 and died in 1948. He was a political science professor and historian at Columbia University. He was elected president of the American Political Science Association in 1933.
1 item (2 pages; 28 cm.)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ronald B. Levinson.
- Fowler, Thomas, 1832-1904
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Levinson, Ronald B. (Ronald Bartlett), 1896-1980
- Locke, John, 1632-1704
- Shaftesbury, Anthony Ashley Cooper, Earl of, 1621-1683
- Guide to the Charles Austin Beard Letter
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note