George W. Ayer Letter (December 28, 1862)
Scope and Contents
Autograph letter signed. Letter is written "Camping in the woods near Patomac Creek Station, Va," during the Civil War. Mr. Ayer is less than pleased with the organization and leadership of the army and the war, in general.
- December 28, 1862
- Ayer, George W. (Person)
No restrictions on access.
George W. Ayer mustered into the army at age 38 from Unity, Maine, as a private on 12 Oct. 1861 and out on 11 Oct. 1864.
4 pages (4 pages ; 26 cm)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of James and Judith Reed.
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Parkhurst, F.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the George W. Ayer Letter (December 28, 1862)
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note