John Fairfield Sermons
Scope and Contents
Collection contains manuscript copies of sermons of John Fairfield, most undated and one dated 1768. Also includes receipts, 1770-1779, from Fairfield mostly to Thomas Cutts for money paid to Fairfield from the town of Pepperrellboro (now Saco), Maine.
- Fairfield, John, 1737-1819 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
John Fairfield was born in 1736 and graduated from Harvard in 1757. He became minister of a church in Saco, Maine, in 1762.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Frank C. Deering estate.
Title supplied by cataloger.
- Clergy -- Maine -- Saco Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cutts, Thomas, 1736-1821
- Receipts (Financial records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Saco (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sermons Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sermons, American -- 18th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the John Fairfield Sermons
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note