Enoch Hale Missionary Journal
Scope and Contents
A journal kept by Hale between Aug. 9 and Oct. 28, 1802, recording information about his travels in Maine as a member of the Hampshire Missionary Society. In the journal he outlines the places where he visited and preached, people he met, etc.
- Hale, Enoch, 1753-1837 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Enoch Hale was born in Coventry, Conn. in 1753. He graduated from Yale in 1773 and began preaching in Westhampton, Mass. in 1778. He was pastor of the Congregational Church in Westhampton for fifty years and also served as secretary of the Hampshire Missionary Society, Northampton, Mass., for many years, taking occasional mission trips in that capacity.
1 volume (16 cm)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Frank C. Deering estate.
- Guide to the Enoch Hale Missionary Journal
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note