Danville Shaw Chadbourne Civil War Letters
Scope and Contents
Copies of letters written by Chadbourne to his father Humphrey Chadbourne, his sister and brother-in-law Mr. and Mrs. Osman Warren, and his sister Harriet Warren of Macwahoc, Maine. Letters were written from Bangor, Maine; Newport News, Va.; Baton Rouge, La.; Donaldsonville, Port Hudson, etc., and describe his service in the 22nd Maine Regiment.
- Chadbourne, Danville Shaw, 1843-1920 (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Danville Shaw Chadbourne was born in 1843 in Macwahoc, Maine, the son of Humphrey and Susan Hayden Chadbourne. He married Anna Orcutt in 1872 and was the father of Ava Harriet Chadbourne, Maine author and professor of education at the University of Maine. Danville Chadbourne died in 1920 at Mattawamkeag, Maine.
1 folder (28 cm)
Language of Materials
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Typescipts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 22nd (1862-1863)
- Guide to the Danville Shaw Chadbourne Civil War Letters
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note