Weld F. Sargent Letter
Scope and Contents
Letter written by Weld Sargent informing Mrs. Fogler of the death of her husband George P. Fogler on July 2, 1863 in the Battle of Gettysburg. Accompanied by letter written Sept. 26, 1964, from the donor giving biographical information about Sargent and Fogler.
- July 6, 1863
- Sargent, Weld F., -1864 (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
George P. Fogler, a private in Company K of the 19th Maine Infantry Regiment, was killed in battle at Gettysburg. Weld F. Sargent, a sergeant in Company K, was killed in battle on June 6, 1864. Both were residents of Boothbay, Maine.
1 page (20 cm)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Clarence Holden in Sept. 1964.
- Boothbay (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fogler, George P., -1863
- Fogler, George P., Mrs.
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Soldiers -- Maine -- Boothbay Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 19th (1862-1865). Company K
- Guide to the Weld F. Sargent Letter
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note