Articles of Agreement for the Ship Crescent
Scope and Contents
Articles of agreement for the ship Crescent of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, with John Rogers or Rodgers as master. The documents list names of crew members, their stations and pay for voyages from the port of New Orleans to Le Havre and other ports in Europe. The agreement dated 1835 consists of the top half of the document only. The collection also includes a shipmaster's license for John J. Wade of Barrington, Nova Scotia, issued in 1867 by the American Shipmasters' Association in New York.
- Crescent (Ship) (Organization)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Language of Materials
- American Shipmasters' Association
- Barrington (N.S.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Portsmouth (N.H.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rogers, John
- Ship captains -- Nova Scotia -- Barrington -- Licenses Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ships -- New Hampshire -- Portsmouth Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ships' papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Wade, John J.
- Guide to the Articles of Agreement for the Ship Crescent
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note