Howard Noyes Dole Musical Compositions
Scope and Contents
Scores for two marches composed by Howard N. Dole: University March, 1930 and National Pride March, 1932.
- Dole, Howard Noyes (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Howard N. Dole (1896-1979) was a member of the class of 1919 at the University of Maine. He was born in Haverhill, Mass. and worked as a research chemist with Monsanto Company, where he was instrumental in the development of Crest toothpaste. An accomplished musician, while at the university he was a member of the glee club, the university orchestra and leader of the university band. He also composed several marches and was an accomplished clarinetist.
1 folder (2 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift from Gertrude G. Dole, Haverhill, Mass. in 1981.
Title supplied by cataloger.
- Guide to the Howard Noyes Dole Musical Compositions
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note