Reynolds Family Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal and business papers of the Reynolds family of Addison, Maine. Papers of Warren W. Reynolds include a pocket memo book, 1915-1916, listing expenses, purchases, etc.; bills and receipts, 1918-1938; and a diary, 1923-1932, detailing his business transactions and daily activities. A set of notes labeled "Steamboat exam papers of Mr. Reynolds, 1903-1909," is also presumed to have belonged to Warren Reynolds. His papers also include treasurers' records, 1905-1948, for the Eastern Harbor Grange No.456 of Addison, and two printed manuals about the Grange.
Papers of Frank W. Reynolds include a pocket diary for 1913 listing mostly traps purchased and their prices and an undated pocket memo book. Also included are invoices for goods purchased especially from O.W. & B.S. Look, Jonesport, Maine, dealers in lobsters, gasoline and boat supplies; and from D.H. Look, Addison, dealers in live lobsters, salt and dried fish, fishermen's supplies, gasoline and oil.
Papers of Charlotte Reynolds include a daily diary, 1945-1946; a senior handbook, 1946, from Addison High School; and a certificate of proficiency in typing, 1946, from Jonesport High School. Also included in the collections are three diaries, 1920-1922, from an unidentified compiler, perhaps Warren Reynolds' wife Carrie. The diaries mention activities of both Warren and Frank Reynolds as well as detailing the weather and work done around the house and property.
- Reynolds family (Family)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Warren W. Reynolds was born about 1872 in Addison, Maine. He seems to have been a lobsterman and also to have worked in the woods. His wife, Carrie M. Reynolds, was born about 1875. Frank W. Reynolds, perhaps the son of Warren and Carrie Reynolds, was born in 1896 and also lived in Addison. He too seems to have been a lobsterman and also served in World War I. His daughter, Charlotte, is also represented in the collection.
1 box (5 folders)
Language of Materials
Personal and business papers of the Reynolds family of Addison, Maine, including Warren W. Reynolds, Frank W. Reynolds, and Charlotte Reynolds.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased in January 2003.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Addison (Me.) -- Commerce Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Addison (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Addison (Me.) -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Eastern Harbor Grange No. 456 (Addison, Me.)
- Jonesport (Me.) -- Commerce Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lobster fishers -- Maine -- Addison Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reynolds, Carrie M.
- Reynolds, Charlotte
- Reynolds, Frank W.
- Reynolds, Warren W.
- Guide to the Reynolds Family Papers
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States