Arlie Holman Letters
Scope and Contents
Letters from Holman to his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Daniel H. Holman of West Peru, Me. Written between September 1945 and August 1946, the letters detail Holman's military service in the Army Air Forces and his experiences from his arrival at Camp Adair, Oregon, through his time in Okinawa Island, Japan. Miscellaneous postcards to various Holman family members are also included in the collection.
- Holman, Arlie (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
1 folder (circa 39 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift from David C. Smith.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Holman family
- Okinawa Island (Japan) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Picture postcards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Japan Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army Air Forces
- West Peru (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Arlie Holman Letters
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note