American Realty Company Records
Scope and Contents
Includes incoming and outgoing correspondence, 1917-1920, of the company superintendent in Ashland, Maine, concerning timberland operations, estimates for wood peeled or yarded, transportation of pulpwood to the Oxford Paper Company in Rumford, Maine, and supplies ordered for various lumber camps. Also includes a ledger, 1932-1936, of monthly inventory sheets for equipment in storehouses in Ashland and St. John, Maine, as well as monthly wangan inventories. A few sheets for Washburn, Maine, are also included. Collection also contains a photograph from 1920 labeled: American Realty Co., Washburn, Me. View from river near south shore.
- American Realty Company (Organization)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The company, with headquarters in Portland, Maine, is listed in Portland city directories under the category of real estate agents and dealers. It appears to have managed timberland property and lumber camps in northern Maine.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Received from Maine Forest and Logging Museum, Orono, Me. in 2001.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Logging -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lumber camps -- Maine -- Equipment and supplies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Portland (Me.) -- Commerce Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real estate business -- Maine -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real estate management -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the American Realty Company Records
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note