International Paper Company Records
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, 1900-1902, from company president, Hugh Chisholm, or his secretary, E.W. Hyde, to Simon B. Gates, in Winn, Maine. Most letters concern land purchases for the company. Collection also includes copies of deeds, 1873-1901, for land in Winn and Mattawamkeag, Maine, as well as invoices, 1902, to Gates primarily for purchase of wood and other supplies.
- International Paper Company (Organization)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The International Paper Company was formed in 1898 by Hugh Chisholm as a result of the merger of 17 pulp and paper mills in the northeastern United States. It currently owns over 8 million acres of land in the U.S. and its primary products are paper and paper distribution, packaging and forest products.
1 folder (32 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from The Maine Bear, Orono, Me. in June 2002.
- Chisholm, Hugh Joseph, 1847-1912
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gates, S. B. (Simon B.)
- Invoices Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mattawamkeag (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Paper industry -- Maine -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Winn (Me.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the International Paper Company Records
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note