Herbert L. Spinney Bird Watching Journal
Scope and Contents
Diary kept by Spinney of his bird sightings in Maine. The volume also has newspaper clippings about Spinney and the Maine Ornithological Society pasted in the first few pages.
- Spinney, Herbert L. (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Spinney was keeper of the Seguin Light at the mouth of the Kennebec River from 1893 to 1907. He was president of the Maine Ornithological Society and author of articles in the "Maine Naturalist" and other publications. He died in 1943.
1 volume (37 cm)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Joseph Haggett, Bath, Me.
- Guide to the Herbert L. Spinney Bird Watching Journal
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note