Maine Veterinary Medical Association Records
Scope and Contents
The Association records consist of applications for membership, the treasurers' records, and minutes of meetings. The newsletter, "Maine Veterinarian", is also available in Special Collections.
- Maine Veterinary Medical Association (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Maine Veterinary Medical Association was founded October 11, 1892 in Portland. The Women's Auxillary was formed in 1950. The purpose of the Association is "the advancement among its members and true knowledge of all subjects pertaining to veterinary science"
1 linear foot (1 box)
Language of Materials
Organization and Arrangement
Alphabetically by subject, then chronologically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Maine Veterinary Medical Association through Dr. Hersey, April 1998.
- Application forms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Bylaws Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Constitutions Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (Account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Veterinary medicine -- Maine -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Maine Veterinary Medical Association Records
- Box And Folder List Available
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for uncoded script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.