Sabattus Temperance Union Records
Scope and Contents Note
Records of a temperance union in Sabattus, Maine during the late 19th and early 20th century. The records include copies of the warrants to call an organizational meeting of the temperance union, the by-laws of 1877 and of 1892, and minutes of the meetings from 1877 to 1911. Also included are lists of the owners of stock and of certificates of shares recorded to 1920.
- Sabattus Temperance Union (Sabattus, Me.) (Organization)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Sabattus Temperance Union was organized Oct. 25, 1877 in the town of Sabattus, Maine. Webb Hall was elected president, F.S. Bragg vice president, Seth H. Wilkins secretary and financial secretary, and Erwin Dennett treasurer.
1 folder (1 item ; 26 cm)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Luke, Bethesda, Maryland in January 2003.
- Bylaws Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sabattus (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Temperance -- Maine -- Sabattus Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Temperance -- Maine -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Sabattus Temperance Union Records
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note