Woman's Christian Temperance Union (Sebec, Me.) Records
Scope and Contents Note
Records of a local union of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union in the late 19th century in Maine. Included are minutes of the meetings, lists of members, and lists of officers.
- July 23, 1894-March 23, 1899
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union (Sebec, Me.) (Organization)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Sebec Woman's Christian Temperance Union was organized by Mrs. Wright of Caribou, Maine, on July 23, 1894. The mission of the union was to prohibit alcoholic beverages and encourage personal abstinence. The newly-elected officers were Mrs. Sarah Morrill, President; Mrs. Alice Nyman, Vice-President; Mrs. Lucy Burgess, Treasurer; and Miss Helen Kent, Secretary.
1 folder ( 1 item ; 21 cm)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Membership lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sebec (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Temperance -- Maine -- Sebac Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Temperance -- Maine -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Woman's Christian Temperance Union (Sebec, Me.) Records
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note