Abner Perkins Grist Mill Records
Scope and Contents Note
Records of a grist mill in Arundel, Maine in the late 18th century. The mill appeared to be owned by Abner Perkins. Included are accounts of the number of bushels milled and the cost.
- Creation: 1767-1796
- Perkins, Abner (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Since 1751 the Perkins grist mill was a landmark in Arundel (later called Kennebunkport), Maine. It was built by Thomas Perkins and his sons, Eliphalet and Abner, on Long Creek, an estuary of the Kennebunk River. Eliphalet was the first miller. Eliphalet and Abner, and their brother James, who acquired part ownership of the mill, eventually deeded their shares to their sons, beginning a progression of ownership that kept the mill in the hands of their descendants for over 100 years.
1 folder (28 pages)
Language of Materials
Records of a grist mill in Arundel, Maine in the late 18th century. The mill appeared to be owned by Abner Perkins.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Dan Casavant Rare Books, Waterville, Maine in 2004.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Guide to the Abner Perkins Grist Mill Records
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note