Elijah Blaisdell Diaries
Scope and Content Note
Fifteen diaries of a farmer in York, Maine during the late nineteenth century. The diaries cover the years, 1870, 1879, 1880, 1882-1886, 1888-1891, and 1898-1900. The 1900 diary is blank. Elijah Blaisdell died on May 9, 1898, and it appears that the remainder of the 1898 and the 1899 diaries were probably kept by his daughter Julia C. Blaisdell. Included also are papers removed from the diaries which include notes and bills.
- Blaisdell, Elijah, 1821-1898 (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Elijah Blaisdell was a farmer in York, Maine. He was born July 24, 1821 and died May 9, 1898. In 1848 he married Marcia Fernald, also from York. She died on April 18, 1884 at the age of 63 years. They had at least four children: Julia C. (1854-1934), Marcia W., George, and Joseph.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Howard E. Jones, Bowling Green, KY in March 2001.
- Bills of sale Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Blaisdell family
- Blaisdell, Julia C., 1854-1934
- Blaisdell, Marcia, -1884
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Farmers -- Maine -- York Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- York (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Elijah Blaisdell Diaries
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note