Thomas M. Giveen Account Book and Papers
Scope and Contents Note
An account book and loose letters and notes kept by a lawyer practicing in Brunswick, Maine in the late 19th century. Entries cover various court cases, estates, and the associated costs. One of the cases involved the state of Maine vs. George W. Dunning in a matter concerning lobsters. Also included are notes, letters, and copies of documents.
- Giveen, Thomas M. (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Thomas M. Giveen was a lawyer who practiced in Brunswick, Maine.
1 folder (circa 16 items)
Language of Materials
An account book and loose letters and notes kept by a lawyer practicing in Brunswick, Maine in the late 19th century.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Dan Casavant Rare Books, Waterville, Maine in 2004.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Account books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Brunswick (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawyers -- Maine -- Brunswick Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Thomas M. Giveen Account Book and Papers
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States