Helen N. Peirce Papers
Scope and Contents Note
Papers of the wife of an American diplomat. A large part of the papers are letters from Aunt Lirrie [?] to Helen. Most of the letters do not indicate the year written. Included also in the collection are letters from Aunt Lirrie to Berts; a letter to Bert from his brother J. M. Peirce written Dec. 22, 1881; a letter to Annie from Alice written Aug. 22, 1880; a wedding invitation to Helen's marriage; a photograph of Helen N. Peirce; and an obituary for Herbert Henry Davis Peirce.
- Peirce, Helen N. (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Helen N. Jose was the daughter of Horatio N. Jose, a prominent businessman in Portland, Maine. She married Herbert Henry Davis Peirce, American diplomat and minister to Norway from 1906 to 1911.
1 folder (24 items)
Language of Materials
Papers of the wife of an American diplomat. Most of the letters do not indicate the year written.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from unknown source in January 2003.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Invitations Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Obituaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Peirce, Herbert H. D. (Herbert Henry Davis), 1849-1916
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pierce family
- Portland (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Helen N. Peirce Papers
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States