Frederick Osborne Young Diaries
Scope and Contents Note
Two diaries, one written in 1876 and one in 1917, by the same man. In 1876 he was living in Camden, Maine and apparently was a teacher of penmanship and music and was making his own violin. In 1917 he was living in San Francisco, California and appeared to be interested in astronomy and followed the progress of Haley's Comet. In May of that year he traveled back to Maine.
- Young, Frederick Osborne (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Frederick Osborne Young was born around 1851. In 1876 he was living in Camden, Maine and in 1917 in San Francisco, California.
1 folder (2 items ; 12-13 cm)
Language of Materials
Two diaries, one written in 1876 and one in 1917, by Frederick Osborne Young.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Dave Perkins' "Olde Things," Brownville, Maine in June 2002.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Camden (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- San Francisco (Calif.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Frederick Osborne Young Diaries
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States