Mrs. Sylvanus Curtis Invoices
Scope and Contents Note
A small collection of invoices from a merchant in New Harbor, Maine to Mrs. S. Curtis. The invoices are for the period March to August, 1893, and April to December 1898. Included in the collection is a handwritten letter dated Aug. 24, 1892, from Louis Faurie in New Orleans, Louisiana, to his niece Minnie.
- August 24, 1892-December 1, 1898
- A. Fossett & Son (New Harbor, Me.) (Organization)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Mrs. Sylvanus Curtis lived in Bristol, Maine. Her husband was a farmer.
A. Fossett & Son was a merchant in New Harbor, Maine, dealing in dry goods, groceries, boots, shoes, rubbers, hats, caps, corn, flour, feed, confectionery, cigars, tobacco, provisions, crockery, hardware, glassware and salt.
Louis Faurie lived in New Orleans, Louisiana, and died in 1899. He worked for E.J. Hart & Co., importers and wholesale grocers and druggists in New Orleans.
1 folder (14 items)
Language of Materials
A small collection of invoices from a merchant in New Harbor, Maine to Mrs. S. Curtis. Included in the collection is a handwritten letter dated Aug. 24, 1892, from Louis Faurie in New Orleans, Louisiana, to his niece Minnie.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Pappy's Antiques, Augusta, Maine in December 2000.
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
- Faurie, Louis, -1899
- Fossett, A.
- Invoices Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Mrs. Sylvanus Curtis Invoices
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States