John Perez Burnham Collections
Scope and Contents Note
A collection of material relating to the publisher Thomas Bird Mosher, a collection of material relating to the Elijah Lorenzo Green family, and a collection of material relating to the Best/Burnham families. Included in the Thomas Bird Mosher collection are two newspaper clippings about collectors of Mosher publications, a copy of the Colby Library Quarterly (Feb. 1958) with an article about Mosher by Alfred K. Chapman, a bibliography of Mosher books and catalogs in the collection of Norman H. Strouse, an addenda & corrigenda to the check list of the publications of Mosher by Benton L. Hatch, and correspondence between John P. Burnham and Benton L. Hatch between April 12, 1968 and July 28, 1977. The Elijah Lorenzo Green family collection includes a photocopy of a photograph of Elijah and his wife Clara A. Green, genealogies of their families, and a photocopy and typescript of the reminiscence of Elijah L. Green's army experience in the Civil War. The Best/Burnham families collection includes a photocopy of photographs of William Tritten Best and his wife Margaret, a genealogy of the Best family written by William Tritten Best in 1875 and transcribed by Rebecca Dow Burnham in 1971, genealogical charts, and a photocopy of parts of Nova Scotia vital statistics from newspapers, 1813-1822 compiled by Terence M. Punch.
- Burnham, John P., 1935- (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
John Perez Burnham was born in Framingham, Massachusetts in 1935. He married Rebecca Ann Dow from Rockland, Maine, in 1969 and they live in Wilton, Maine.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of John Perez Burnham in October 2000.
- Best family
- Best, William Tritten, -1810
- Bibliographies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Burnham family
- Burnham, Rebecca Dow, 1942-
- Chapman, Alfred K.
- Clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Genealogies (Histories) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Green, Elijah Lorenzo, 1839-1904
- Hatch, Benton L. (Benton Le Roy), 1913-1988
- Mosher, Thomas Bird, 1852-1923
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publishers and publishing -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Strouse, Norman H. -- Library
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the John Perez Burnham Collections
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note