Colonel James Thomas Account Book and Letter
Scope and Contents Note
An account book for the years 1828 to 1844. The account book lists credits and debits. The handwritten letter is from James Thomas, to Wm. T. Barry, Postmaster General, Washington, Jan. 5, 1830.
- Thomas, James, Colonel (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Colonel James Thomas, sutler at the Hancock Barracks, was the first postmaster at the Barracks in Houlton, Maine. In 1829 he took the mail contract between Bangor and Houlton.
1 folder (2 items)
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Colonel James Thomas Account Book and Letter
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note