Descriptive Roll of Army Recruits
Scope and Content Note
Handwritten list of army recruits in 1814 and 1815. Includes name of recruit, size, age, town, county, state, eyes, hair, complexion, occupation, by whom enlisted, when, for what time, and remarks. Following the list of recruits is a list of letters written by L. Lombard in 1861 to 1862. Included also is a letter and carbon copy from the Adjutant General of the State of New Hampshire to Ralph E. Chandler in Concord, New Hampshire, dated October 1, 1958 thanking him for the use of the roll of recruits to make a photostatic copy for his archives.
- Majority of material found within ( 1814-1862)
Language of Materials
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
1 folder (3 Items)
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lombard, L.
- New Hampshire. Adjutant-General's Office
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc. -- War of 1812
- Guide to the Descriptive Roll of Army Recruits
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note