John G. Brown Notebook
Scope and Content Note
A physician's handwritten notebook dated January 1, 1825, Waldoborough, Maine, which includes notes on diagnosis of diseases of the chest with a stethoscope, prescriptions for diseases, medicinal recipes, and a drawing of areas of the skull.
- Brown, John G., 1797-1866 (Person)
Language of Materials
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Dr. John G. Brown, son of Dr. Benjamin Brown, was born in Providence, R.I. in 1797. He received an academical course at Lincoln Academy and studied medicine with his father and was graduated from Bowdoin Medical College in 1826. He practiced his profession several years in Waldoboro, Maine and married Bertha Smouse. He moved to Bangor, then to Roxbury, Massachusetts. From Roxbury he moved to Reading where he died in 1866.
1 folder (1 item : 27 cm.)
- Guide to the John G. Brown Notebook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note