Simeon Brett Diary
Scope and Content Note
Diary of a student and soldier. The diary describes the life of the teenage Simeon Brett and his life in a rural town. He touches briefly on his daily life, but does not go into detail. During the War of 1812 he was in the artillery of the Massachusetts Militia.
- January 1 1809 - December 10 1815
- Brett, Simeon, 1792- (Person)
Language of Materials
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Simeon Brett was born in 1792 in Brockton, Massachusetts. He was a student and worked at home on a farm during the time of his diary. During the War of 1812 he served in Blossom's Battalion in the Artillery of the Massachusetts Militia. He later lived in Canton, Maine, married, and had 4 daughters.
1 folder (1 item : 17 cm.)
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Farmers -- Massachusetts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts. Militia. Artillery
- United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Personal narratives, America Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Simeon Brett Diary
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note