Boynton Family Letters
Scope and Content Note
A collection of family letters. Most of the correspondence is between Thomas and his wife Mary B. while he was in San Francisco. Included also is a photocopy of a newspaper clipping describing Thomas's voyage from Maine to San Francisco where he erected a frame building sent by Babcock & Norton of New York. Included also is a letter from Arthur S. Boynton to his mother and father dated Feb. 20, 1861. Included also is a letter from R.S. Prescott from Bangor, Maine describing the changes in Thomas's behavior. Included also are photocopies of all the letters.
- Boynton family (Family)
Language of Materials
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Thomas Boynton was born around 1818 and lived in Bangor, Maine. He married Mary B. who was born around 1821. He went to San Francisco to erect a building around 1850 and looked for work in Chicago around 1865. He and Mary had 4 children: Arthur, Mary F., Mariman, and George.
1 folder (15 Items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mary Naugle in 1976.
- Bangor (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Boynton, Mary B.
- Boynton, Thomas, 1818?-
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- San Francisco (Calif.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Boynton Family Letters
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note