Chas. C. Fuller Letters
Scope and Content Note
Letters written by a Civil War soldier to his wife. Most of the letters were written by Charles C. Fuller to his wife Rachel A. Fuller between January 4, 1862 and Sept. 6, 1863. Two letters were written earlier in 1857. Included also are four letters from D.S. Fuller to Rachel written March 18, Aug. 23, Sept. 2, and Nov. 9, 1863; a letter to Aunt Rachel from Nell written Sept. 3, 1863; a letter to Rachel from her father Benjamin written March 3, 1869; and a letter to Rachel from her sister Lizzie written April 13, 1873. Included are typescript copies of all the letters.
Language of Materials
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Charles C. Fuller was born around 1822 and died October 10, 1863. He married Rachel Atherton who was born in 1827. They lived in Tremont, Maine. He served in the Civil War as a corporal in Company E of the 28th Maine Infantry Regiment. He had a brother Lon and a brother David S.
Benjamin Atherton was the father of Lizzie and Rachel.
1 folder (52 Items)
Organization and Arrangement
The letters are arranged chronologically.
- Atherton, Benjamin
- Atherton, Lizzie
- Fuller, D. S. (David S.)
- Fuller, Rachel A., 1827-
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Typescipts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 28th (1862-1863)
- Guide to the Chas. C. Fuller Letters
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note