Dictionary of Maine Place-Names Final Draft
Scope and Contents Note
Final typescript draft of The dictionary of Maine place-names, by Phillip R. Rutherford. Includes editor's corrections.
- Rutherford, Phillip R. (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Phillip Roland Rutherford was born in 1939 in Paris, Texas. He earned his B.A. (1962), M.A. (1964), and Ph.D. (1966) degrees at East Texas State University. He was a professor of English at the University of Maine at Portland-Gorham, Gorham Campus beginning in 1966. He is the author of The dictionary of Maine place-names published in 1970 by The Bond Wheelwright Company in Freeport, Maine.
2 Folders (1 item ; 476 leaves ; 28 cm)
Language of Materials
- Authors, American -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Final drafts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Maine -- History, Local Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Names, Geographical -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Typescipts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Dictionary of Maine Place-Names Final Draft
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note