Fullerton Merrill Journal
Scope and Content Note
Handwritten journal by a member of the Peary Relief Expedition to Northwestern Greenland on ship Diana, summer of 1899. The first entry is dated Sunday, July 23, 1899. Included also is a small carved animal.
- Merrill, Fullerton, 1876-1960 (Person)
Language of Materials
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Fullerton Merrill, son of Isaac H. and Ada F. Merrill, was born Oct. 6, 1876 in Bangor, Maine. In 1899 he joined a Peary Relief Expedition and sailed on the Diana to the Arctic to help resupply Peary's Arctic expedition. He married Grace Gardner in 1907 and around 1912 moved to Ellsworth, Maine. He died in 1960.
- Arctic regions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Artifacts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diana (Ship)
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Inuit -- Social life and customs -- Greenland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Peary, Robert E. (Robert Edwin), 1856-1920
- Guide to the Fullerton Merrill Journal
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note