Wiscasset Maternal Association Records
Scope and Content Note
Records of an association to help mothers in the rearing of their children. The record book includes the constitution of the Wiscasset Maternal Association, minutes of meetings, lists of members, receipts for subscriptions to Mother's Magazine and Family Monitor, and a list of books belonging to the Association.
- Wiscasset Maternal Association (Wiscasset, Me.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Wiscasset Maternal Association was organized in Wiscasset, Maine in August of 1838 to hold meetings and learn about the best methods of raising children. There were to be monthly meetings at which there would be readings, conversation, and prayer. Every three months children under 12 years of age could be brought to the meeting. The association was disbanded around 1863.
1 folder (1 item) ; 20 cm
- Child rearing -- Maine -- Wiscasset Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clubs -- Maine -- Wiscasset Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Constitutions Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Wiscasset Maternal Association Records
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note