Charles H. Chase Letters to George F. Searle
Scope and Contents
Twelve letters by a schoolboy in Maine to his friend in New Hampshire. The letters are dated from 1860 to 1864 with two letters undated. There is some description of the effect of the war on Portland, Maine.
- Chase, Charles H. (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Charles H. Chase was a schoolboy in Portland, Maine during the U.S. Civil War.
George F. Searle was a schoolboy living in Salisbury, New Hampshire during the U.S. Civil War.
1 folder (12 items)
Language of Materials
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Portland (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Searle, George F.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Charles H. Chase Letters to George F. Searle
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note