James Andrews Seaman's Journal and Notebook
Scope and Content Note
Includes a journal of voyages in 1817-1819 on the ship Osprey commanded by Stephan Brown. One of the voyages was from Salem to Canton, China and back. Includes also a linen-covered journal with questions and answers of a mathematical nature: salary, measurements, geometric problems, trigonometry, and sailing as well as methods for keeping a ship's log.
- circa 1813-circa 1819
- Andrews, James, 1790-1865 (Person)
No restrictions on access.
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
James Andrews was a seaman.
2 Folders (2 ledgers ; 34 cm)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
No finding aid - see Special Collections librarian for assistance.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Clinton A. Woodward (nee Louise Andrews) of Guilford, Maine in 1969.
- Guide to the James Andrews Seaman's Journal and Notebook
- No Additional Box Or Folder List For This Small Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note