Androscoggin Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine. Included are ledgers, cashbooks and journals covering the years 1913 to 1935.
- Androscoggin Electric Company (Me.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Androscoggin Electric Company was incorporated in Maine by Chapter 177 of the Acts of 1913, approved March 25, 1913. Original corporators were Winfield S. Libbey, Henry M. Dingley, Harold S. Libbey and J.E. Parkhurst of Lewiston, and John A. Morrill of Auburn. With its principal office in Lewiston, the company was authorized to manufacture and sell electricity in Androscoggin County and also was authorized to acquire the Mechanic Falls Electric Light Company and the Portland, Gray and Lewiston Railroad Company. This electric trolley line operated between Lewiston and Portland from 1914 until 1933 when the Central Maine Power Company left the inter-urban trolley business. In 1914 the company also acquired the Lewiston & Auburn Electric Light Co. and in 1935 acquired Livermore Falls Light & Power Co. and Turner Light & Power Co. The Central Maine Power Company purchased Androscoggin Electric in 1920.
36 ledgers (26-43 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Cashbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Electric utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (Account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Central Maine Power Company (Organization)
- Guide to the Androscoggin Electric Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States