Western Maine Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Identifier: SpC MS 0623
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine. Included are voucher registers, payroll records, distribution records, general ledgers, and asset and expense records.
- Western Maine Power Company (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Western Maine Power Company, called the Limerick Water and Electric Company until 1916, became part of Central Maine Power Company in 1927.
18 ledgers (21-36 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Electric utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (Account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Payroll records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Vouchers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Western Maine Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note