Walton-Shepard-Parker-Hahn Family Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection of letters, receipts, diaries, deeds, and other genealogical materials relating to the Walton, Shepard, Parker, and Hahn families of Belfast, Maine. Primary persons include W. H. Walton, Alice B. Walton, Rufus Walton, Alfred Walton, Americus V. Parker, Anna B. Parker, Arline Walton, and Hiram Walton.
- Parker, Americus V. (Americus Vespucius), 1813-1891 (Person)
- Parker, Anna B., 1849-1941 (Person)
- Walton, W. H. (Willard Hiram), 1850-1937 (Person)
- Walton, Alice B. (Alice Burdin), 1856-1885 (Person)
- Walton, Rufus, 1820-1901 (Person)
- Walton, Arline, 1881-1977 (Person)
- Walton, Hiram (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Americus Vespucius Parker was born Feb. 26, 1813 in Waldo, Maine. He was a justice of the peace and was an accomplished draftsman and mathematician. He married Clarissa Maria Shepard who was born March 27, 1818. They had a daughter Anna Barbara in 1849. He traveled to California in 1850 and after a short time returned to Belfast, Maine. He left again to establish his family in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, in 1855. Clarissa joined him in 1856 and died in Oshkosh in 1858. He returned to Maine and died June 16, 1891.
Anna Barbara Parker, daughter of Americus Vespucius and Clarissa Maria Parker, was born Sept. 14, 1849, and died August 22, 1941. She married Byron Pitcher and settled in New York City.
Willard Hiram Walton was born Aug. 29, 1850 and died in 1937. He married Alice M. Burdin (1856-1885). They had a daughter Arline Burdin, born Sept. 24, 1881, and a son Alfred, born April 29, 1885. Arline died in 1977 and Alfred in 1959.
Hiram Walton was the cousin of Anna Parker Pitcher.
5 linear feet (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Genealogies (Histories) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hahn family
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Parker family
- Receipts (Financial records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Shepard family
- Walton family
- Guide to the Walton-Shepard-Parker-Hahn Family Papers
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States