Waldoboro Water & Electric Light & Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
Scope and Contents
Financial records of a local electric utility in Maine. Included are journals, ledgers, a cashbook, and a voucher register.
- Waldoboro Water & Electric Light & Power Company (Me.) (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Waldoboro Water & Electric Light & Power Company was incorporated by Chapter 590 of the 1893 Private and Special Laws of Maine. George Bliss, Edwin O. Clark, Lincoln L. Kennedy, Hiram Bliss, Levitt Storer, George W. Young, Theodore S. Brown, A.R.G. Smith, A.R. Nickerson, and T.F. Turner were the original corporators. The company was authorized to furnish both water and electric light to the village of Waldoboro. After acquiring a former flour mill and its privilege, the company put in a new turbine water wheel and started supplying electricity for lights in the village in 1902. The company was acquired by Central Maine Power Company in 1920.
6 ledgers (34-40 cm.)
Language of Materials
- Cashbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Electric utilities -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (Account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Vouchers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Central Maine Power Company (Organization)
- Guide to the Waldoboro Water & Electric Light & Power Company Records (Central Maine Power Company Collection)
- In Progress
- Brenda Howitson Steeves
- March 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States