Collection of Deeds
Collection — Box: 1654
Identifier: SpC MS 0445
Scope and Contents
Deeds from the Salmon Falls Manufacturing Company in New Hampshire, York Manufacturing Company in Maine, Pepperell Manufacturing Company in Maine, and from Salmon Falls, N.H.
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Samuel Batchelder, textile pioneer, chartered the Saco Water Power Company in 1837. In 1843 the foundations of the first Biddeford cotton mill were constructed. In 1844 he was granted a charter to the Pepperell Manufacturing Company by the Maine legislature and built a second cotton mill on the Saco River.
1 box (10 folders, circa 1,000 deeds)
Language of Materials
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Deeds -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Deeds -- New Hampshire Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Saco (Me.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Saco Water Company (Saco, Me.)
- Salmon Falls (N.H.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Salmon Falls Manufacturing Co.
- York Manufacturing Company (Saco, Me.)
- Guide to the Collection of Deeds
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note