Progressive Party of Maine Records
Scope and Contents
Records of the Progressive Party of Maine that show the beginnings of the Party in Maine. The collection includes correspondence, announcements, press releases, and other items of the Party's early years.
- Progressive Party of Maine (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Progressive Party of Maine was a branch of the Progressive Party founded in 1948 nationwide. It appears to have been formed in early 1949. Do not confuse with the Progressive Party founded in 1912.
1 linear foot (1 box ; 25 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Charles Scontras.
- Annoucements Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Checks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Maine -- Politics and government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Political parties -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Press releases Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948)
- Speeches Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Progressive Party of Maine Records
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States