Willis G. Pratt Papers
Scope and Contents
Papers documenting the career of a lieutenant commander in the U.S. Navy. Included are naval records, certificates, original orders and application to transfer to retired reserves, correspondence, and photographs.
- Pratt, Willis G., 1910-1984 (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Willis Grover Pratt was born in Gray, Maine in 1910 and died in Daytona Beach, Florida in 1984. He was graduated from Good Will High School in Hinckley and from the University of Maine at Orono in 1935 with a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering. He worked for several years as a bridge engineer for the state of Maine and worked for 40 years as engineer for the Oxford Paper Company in Rumford, Maine. He served as Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve.
1 linear foot (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Civil engineers -- Maine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Naval reserves Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orders (Military records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Willis G. Pratt Papers
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States