Portland Bicentennial Committee Records
Identifier: SpC MS 0416
Scope and Contents
The records include agendas, minutes, correspondence, newsletters, schedules of events. Also included is a copy of the American Revolution Bicentennial Administration's Comprehensive calendar of bicentennial events.
- McVane, William L. (Person)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Portland Bicentennial Committee was organized in Portland, Maine to plan events for the United States Bicentennial Celebration in 1976. The chairman of the committee was William L. McVane.
1 linear foot (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Agendas Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- American Revolution Bicentennial Administration
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1976 -- Maine -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Schedules Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Portland Bicentennial Committee Records
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note