Penobscot County Retired Teachers Association Records
Scope and Contents
The records of an association of retired teachers in Penobscot County, Maine. Included are the constitution of the association, minutes of meetings, programs, ledgers, membership lists.
- Penobscot County Retired Teachers Association (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
Stimulated by the two-year-old Maine Retired Teachers Association, a group of retired teachers in the Bangor area organized the Penobscot County Retired Teachers Association on May 27, 1954. The purposes of the association were to serve as a local unit of the Maine Retired Teachers Association and to maintain affiliation with the National Retired Teachers Association, to help retired teachers maintain identity with the teaching profession and to further the cause of education, to help advance the interests and welfare of the retired in the state and local commuity and promote good fellowship among retired teachers, and to cooperate with the Maine Retired Teachers Association and the National Retired Teachers Association by promoting memberships, legislation, projects and the like.
1 linear foot (1 box)
Language of Materials
- Constitutions Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (Account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Membership lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Programs (Documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Retired teachers -- Societies, etc. -- Maine -- Penobscot County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Penobscot County Retired Teachers Association Records
- In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note