Payson-Fogler Family Reunion Collection
Scope and Contents
Documents are primarily concerned with the annual reunion of the Payson-Vogler (Fogler) families. Materials include letters and accounts of reunions.
- Fogler family (Family)
- Payson family (Family)
Restrictions on Access
Kept at Fogler Library's offsite storage facility. One week's notice required for retrieval.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Information on literary rights available in the repository.
The Paysons and Fogler (Vogler) families trace their lineage back to John Payson (b.1789) and Abigail Fogler (b.1801), who were married. Most of the early family lived in Knox County, Maine.
0.75 linear feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Ruth Goff (Fogler and Payson Families) about 1972 with scattered additions. More additions anticipated.
"Ancestors and Descendants of Edward True, Jr. (1799-1871) and of his Wife Olive King (Payson) True (1817-1886) of Hope, Maine," compiled and written by Edward Keene True and Mildred (Richenburg) True, 1995 was removed from this collection and shelved in the Special Collections department.
- Annual reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Family histories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Genealogies (Histories) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Vogler family
- Guide to the Payson-Fogler Family Reunion Collecton
- Box And Folder List Available
- Bri Ballard
- November 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Raymond H. Fogler Library Special Collections Repository
5729 Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of Maine
Orono ME 04469-5729 United States